On 22.11.2021, approximately 84,200 people, Romanian and foreign citizens, carried out the control formalities through the border points at the level of the entire country with over 29,200 means of transport (out of which 13,600 were trucks). On the entrance direction there were approximately 42,500 people with 13,400 means of transport, and on the exit direction 41,700 people with 15,800 means of transport.
The busiest borders have been:
- Air border - approximately 28,500 people;
- Border with Hungary - approximately 24,500 people and 13,100 means of transport;
- Border with Moldova - approximately 13,300 people and 5,000 means of transport.
The border police are working at the maximum capacity allowed by the infrastructure of the crossing points. We recommend to the traffic participants the transit of all points open to international traffic, so as to avoid the occurrence of overloads of only some of them.
Information on the situation of border points open to international traffic can be found on the online Traffic application which can be accessed at http://www.politiadefrontiera.ro/traficonline/.
Regarding the specific activities, in the areas of competence - the crossing points and the “green border” - the border guards found:
- 70 illegal acts (32 crimes and 38 contraventions) committed by both Romanian and foreign citizens;
- undeclared goods (which were to be illegally introduced into the country) were discovered, independently or in collaboration with other institutions), which exceeded the customs allowed limit or suspected to be counterfeit, in a total value of approximately 107,700 lei;
- the value of the applied contravention fines amounts to over 12,900 lei;
• 24 foreign citizens were not allowed to enter the country, who did not meet the conditions provided by law and also 8 Romanian citizens were not allowed to leave for various legal reasons.