On 15.11.2021, approximately 84,000 people, Romanian and foreign citizens, carried out the control formalities through the border points at the level of the entire country with over 29,100 means of transport (out of which 13,200 were trucks). On the entrance direction there were approximately 41,100 people with 13,700 means of transport, and on the exit direction 42,900 people with 15,200 means of transport.
The busiest borders have been:
- Air border - approximately 29,300 people;
- Border with Hungary - approximately 23,400 people and 12,800 means of transport;
- Border with Moldova - approximately 12,900 people and 5,100 means of transport.
The border police are working at the maximum capacity allowed by the infrastructure of the crossing points. We recommend to the traffic participants the transit of all points open to international traffic, so as to avoid the occurrence of overloads of only some of them.
Information on the situation of border points open to international traffic can be found on the online Traffic application which can be accessed at http://www.politiadefrontiera.ro/traficonline/.
Regarding the specific activities, in the areas of competence - the crossing points and the “green border” - the border guards found:
- 37 illegal acts (16 crimes and 21 contraventions) committed by both Romanian and foreign citizens;
- undeclared goods (which were to be illegally introduced into the country) were discovered, independently or in collaboration with other institutions), which exceeded the customs allowed limit or suspected to be counterfeit, in a total value of approximately 160,400 lei;
- the value of the applied contravention fines amounts to over 56,600 lei;
- 8 foreign citizens were not allowed to enter the country, who did not meet the conditions provided by law and also 4 Romanian citizens were not allowed to leave for various legal reasons.