Having in view the extension of the state of alert on Romanian territory starting from 13.05.2021, in the border crossing points, the Romanian Border Police continues to implement, together with the other authorities with duties in the field, the measures to prevent the spreading of SarsCov-2 virus.
According to the provisions in force and considering the actual context, the foreign citizens from non-EU states, respectively not belonging to the European Economic Area and the Swiss Confederation, as well as their stateless persons are not allowed to entry the Romanian territory.
At the same time, the border guards allow the entry only in exceptional conditions provided for in the content of the Government Decision no 531 of 10 May 2021, if they are:
- a) family members of Romanian citizens;
- b) family members of citizens of other EU/EEA/CH states residing in Romania;
- c) holders of long-stay visa/residence permit or similar document issued by authorities or a similar document issued by the authorities of other states, according to the EU law;
- d) persons travelling for professional reasons, proven by visa, residence permit or other similar document, respectively medical staff, researchers in the medical field, medical staff for geriatric care, carriers and other types of staff providing goods transport;
- e) diplomatic missions, consular and international organization staff, as well as their family members accompanying them in permanent missions on the Romanian territory, military staff or who can provide humanitarian aid;
- f) persons in transit, including repatriated persons as a result of granting consular protection;
- g) persons travelling for imperative purposes;
- h) persons seeking international protection or from other humanitarian reasons, persons subject to the provisions of Regulation (EU) no 604/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2013 establishing the criteria and mechanisms for determining the Member State responsible for examining an application for international protection lodged in one of the Member States by a third-country national or a stateless person, as well as returned persons based on readmission agreements;
- i) foreigners and stateless persons traveling for study purposes;
- j) foreigners and stateless persons, highly skilled workers, if their employment is economically necessary and the activity cannot be postponed or carried out abroad;
- k) foreigners and stateless persons, cross-border workers, seasonal workers, seafarers;
- l) members of international sports delegations participating in sports competitions organized in Romania, in accordance with the law;
- m) members of film or audiovisual filming crews, technical and artistic staff participating in cultural events taking place in Romania, based on proven contractual relationships or supporting documents.