The Government of Romania approved, in the Government meeting of 03.02,2022, the Emergency Ordinance no. 5/2022 for the amendment and completion of the Emergency Ordinance no. 129/2021 on the implementation of the digital entry form in Romania.
All persons arriving in Romania must complete the digital entry form (DEF/PLF), regardless of the specifics of the border crossing point used: road, air, rail or naval.
The document is completed exclusively online, on the platform https://plf.gov.ro. It will be checked at the entrance to the country by the border guards during the control formalities. Please note that if a person shows up at the border crossing point without his / her form, he / she is allowed to enter the country.
The normative act brings several completions aimed at improving the mechanism for completing the Digital Entry Form in Romania (DEF).
The document provides for the increase of the term in which a person has the obligation to complete the Digital Entry Form in Romania from 24 hours to a maximum of 72 hours before entering the Romanian territory.
The obligation of the persons to complete the form is not considered to be fulfilled in case of entering in the form erroneous or incomplete identity data.
By exception, for minors and persons without capacity to exercise their will (eg minors, persons with disabilities), the obligation to complete the form rests with the parents, guardian or legal representative.
Emergency Ordinance no. 5/2022 for the amendment and completion of the Emergency Ordinance no. 129/2021 on the implementation of the digital entry form in Romania also provides for some categories of exempted personnel, who will have the obligation to complete the form, once in Romania, by checking the option "exempt personnel" on the form. These are:
- Aircraft pilots and their navigating personnel, as well as locomotive drivers and railway personnel;
- Drivers of vehicles with a maximum authorized capacity of more than 2.4 tonnes for the carriage of goods, as well as drivers of vehicles with more than 9 seats, including the driver's seat for the carriage of persons;
- Maritime and river shipping personnel, as well as maritime platform service personnel;
- Navigating personnel embarked on board ships, helicopters and personnel serving the maritime platforms located in the exclusive economic zone of Romania and not moving on the territory of another state) police officers participating in missions to bring to Romania, under escort, the pursued persons international and those transferred in order to continue the execution of the prison sentence in accordance with the provisions of Law no. 302/2004, republished, with subsequent amendments and completions
- Personnel involved in the execution of patient transport missions of the medical service to and from health units located outside the territory of Romania.
- People who travel to work cross the state border at least once in 24 hours.
Also, the value of the contraventions that can be applied for non-compliance with the obligations incumbent on each person to complete the DEF is now between 500 and 3,000 lei.
What is the digital passenger locator form in Romania?
The form is a document that shows the countries and areas where a person traveled before entering Romania.
The form is necessary to protect our health and those around us, because it streamlines epidemiological investigations and health measures as a support for the population.
Based on the data in the form, the public health directorates will be able to identify and contact easier people who came in contact, during the trip, with a citizen infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
What information does the digital passenger locator form in Romania contains?
• Name and surname, identification and contact details;
• The country, region and locality from which he travels to Romania, including those in transit;
• Location and destination address in Romania;
• The means of transport used to travel to Romania;
• Date of entry into Romania;
• Data of accompanying minors, if applicable.
Who has to fill in the digital passenger locator form in Romania?
The form is filled in by all persons who enter Romania and travel by plane, train, road or sea transport.
Where can I access the digital passenger locator form in Romania?
The digital form can be generated electronically through the https://plf.gov.ro platform, developed by the Special Telecommunications Service (STS) based on the operational requirements of the Ministry of Health.
In order to release the form, it is necessary to authenticate with an e-mail address, where the user receives an access link. Then fill in the fields with the required data. The steps are similar to those for generating the EU COVID digital certificate.
The https://plf.gov.ro platform will be accessible to anyone, starting December 20, 2021.
When do I have to fill out the form?
The form must be filled in individually with a maximum of 24 hours before entering Romania. It can be completed electronically from your mobile phone, tablet or computer.
How is the form checked?
When verifying the identity card/ passport in the computer system of the Border Police, it will be displayed if the person has filled in the form. It does not need to be printed.
Who has access to the personal data filled in the form?
The data completed in the form are accessed only by authorized employees of the public health directorates and may be used strictly for the purpose of conducting epidemiological investigations.
The data is physically and legally protected and is not passed on to third parties.
STS provides specific cyber security measures for the computer system for issuing the digital passenger locator form.