On 25.11.2021, approximately 87,800 people, Romanian and foreign citizens, carried out the control formalities through the border points at the level of the entire country with over 35,600 means of transport (out of which 16,300 were trucks). On the entrance direction there were approximately 41,600 people with 17,900 means of transport, and on the exit direction 46,200 people with 17,700 means of transport.
The busiest borders have been:
- Border with Hungary - approximately 31,500 people and 17,100 means of transport;
- Air border - approximately 19,700 people;
- Border with Moldova - approximately 15,200 people and 5,700 means of transport.
The border police are working at the maximum capacity allowed by the infrastructure of the crossing points. We recommend to the traffic participants the transit of all points open to international traffic, so as to avoid the occurrence of overloads of only some of them.
Information on the situation of border points open to international traffic can be found on the online Traffic application which can be accessed at http://www.politiadefrontiera.ro/traficonline/.
Regarding the specific activities, in the areas of competence - the crossing points and the “green border” - the border guards found:
- 57 illegal acts (37 crimes and 20 contraventions) committed by both Romanian and foreign citizens;
- undeclared goods (which were to be illegally introduced into the country) were discovered, independently or in collaboration with other institutions), which exceeded the customs allowed limit or suspected to be counterfeit, in a total value of approximately 2,670,500 lei;
- the value of the applied contravention fines amounts to over 10,500 lei;
- 14 foreign citizens were not allowed to enter the country, who did not meet the conditions provided by law and also 7 Romanian citizens were not allowed to leave for various legal reasons.